SIMAB, SA is a Public Company that provides services of management, design, installation, dimensioning, revitalization and modernization of wholesale and municipal markets.
It was created in 1993 with the objective of installing a national network of supply markets in Portugal, assumed as a strategic set of modern Logistics and Food Distribution Centers, fundamental economic poles in support of national production and the organization and modernization of trade.
The know-how developed in this context has given it a great position as a service provider in all aspects related to the sector. The quality of the work developed and the technical value of its projects earned it recognition across borders.
SIMAB, SA is the majority shareholder of the Lisbon Wholesale Market (MARL), the Braga Wholesale Market (MARB), the Évora Wholesale Market (MARE) and the Faro Wholesale Market (MARF).
Along with the management of the national network of markets, it has developed a relevant consulting activity in the national and international context, in different areas:
● Studies on the characterization of agri-food production in the areas of influence of the supply markets;
● Studies Base design and dimensioning;
● Studies of the commercial characterization, revitalization and modernization of the municipal markets;
● Feasibility studies, preparation and organization of financing dossiers;
● Architectural and engineering projects support and coordination of works, etc.
● In its history, it has interventions in the supply markets of the Lisbon Region, Évora, Braga and Faro, and in the markets of Cova da Beira, Aveiro, Funchal, Bragança, Loulé, Beja, Portalegre, Palmela, Mafra, Ericeira, Sintra, Bolhão, Guarda, Figueira da Foz, Portimão, Castelo Branco, Portalegre, Torres Novas, Chaves, Maputo, Huambo, etc.